To comply with MN state law regarding concussion, the MYSA Board of Directors adopted a Concussion Policy at its July 2011 meeting and MPB adopted this same policy at its July 2011 meeting.
In a very brief summary, the pertinent parts of the policy(s) for referees are:
1. You need to complete an online training course every 3 years.
2. You "shall" remove a player from a game if they exhibit signs of concussion.
Complete the course at the following link: http://www.cdc.gov/concussion/HeadsUp/online_training.html
1. Plan on 30 - 45 minutes to complete the training.
2. When done, indicate your completion in your Game Officials account. (Answer "YES" to the question about it.)
3. SAVE A COPY for yourself because it is good for 3 years and you may be asked to provide proof you've completed it for other assignors.
MSHSL Referees: your training satisfies this requirement. You can indicate completion in Game Officials due to the training you got to be able to work high school games.